Monday 7 April 2014

3 Core Principles That Make You and Your Business Unique.



Hi Friends,
 How are you all doing today? sure you are good. I would like to share with you the story of  Carrie Wilkerson who's story helped my thinking of my unique self and sure can help you too.

 
 Whatever your business model I think there are three core principles that help your business be uniquely you.
I don’t get really worked up about competition in the marketplace and I’m in some very crowded niches! Why? Because others can copy my content, my teaching points and even my methods, but I don’t stress out about it because they can’t BE me!

There are three things of mine (& yours) that no one else has!

    Your Story
    Your Skill Set
    Your Style

Now, when you embrace your story you utilize your skill set and you maximize your style. I believe that you will be uniquely branded and no one can take that away from you or even model it effectively.

Your audience really has a good radar for authenticity…so you just keep being you, embracing your story.

What do I mean by story? What I mean is you have been through experiences, and life, and years, and travels, and things that are just YOURS.

For instance, many of you already know:

    I’ve lost over 100 pounds
    I have overcome six figures of credit card debt without bankruptcy or consolidation
    I battled infertility & have the blessing of 2 adopted children as well as two homemade.
    I’ve dealt with depression, job loss and much, much more…

This is all part of my story…also

I have a husband that was in corporate America and traveled a lot, I have parents who were on the mission field in the military, I was a military kid and also a preacher’s kid, that’s part of my story. I weave that into a lot of what I do. You hear me tell stories about it, you hear me use examples from my life, my experiences.

Is it because I want it to be all about me? No. But, who I am is because of my story. My story has shaped me, my story has defined me. You can use your story to shape you positively or negatively, you can use it to burn you into ashes or refine you.

Your skill set. What have you trained to do? What have you studied to do? What are you credentialed to do? What have you been paid to do in the past? That’s your skill set.

You have a unique skill set that other people don’t have. Embrace your really rocking skill sets that you’ve acquired. You have them for a reason and you can monetize them, be true to that.

Then last let’s talk about your style. Now, my brand is kind of a funny name, the Barefoot Executive. Well, I decided that I was going to throw off convention and be a CEO on my terms.  I would not be defined by convention, so I am the Barefoot Executive, that’s part of my style.

My style is also very southern, maternal and feminine. My family and my faith are very important to me. That’s the fabric of who I am.

So, I want you to be true to your story, your skill set, and your style. Then competition falls by the wayside and doesn’t seem to matter anymore.

Tactics are one thing, strategies are another thing. But, focus on your story, skill set, and style, and I guarantee you that you’ll have better results in your business. Your audience will know you, like you, and trust you and YOU can never be duplicated!

A favorite quote of mine… You have to be YOU – because everyone else is already taken!

Tell me a little about your story, skills or style. Let’s ROCK THAT instead of trying to ‘catch up’ to everyone else!


There are three things of mine (& yours) that no one else has!
  1. Your Story
  2. Your Skill Set
  3. Your Style
- See more at: http://carriewilkerson.com/3-core-principles-that-make-you-and-your-business-unique/#sthash.eMMkEuhP.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment